Monday, February 3, 2014

Stretching Exercise

I spent this past weekend stretching my insecurities, walking step by awkward step through my introverted-ness, surrounded by people I did not know in an age group that is a somewhat foreign to me.  Yes, it was scary.  Yes I felt out of place, ill-equipped to be where I was.  But I tried to go with a servant's heart.  To be willing to do what I could to help where I could.

Was I a help?  Did I make a difference? 

I don't know.

I can't dwell on that.  I know that I learned some things, that I gained some experience in this area. 

Would I go again if asked?

Probably. 

I know it wouldn't be quite as scary the next time.  It would still be scary though.  I would still feel like a fish out of water, but not quite as much.

It is part of learning and growing.  How can we grow if we don't stretch? 

How can we learn if we think we already know everything?

When was the last time you were stretched beyond your comfort zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Any thoughts you would like to share?