Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back to Basics



I have learned that I need to keep learning

I see that I need to keep looking

I hear that I need to keep listening

I have been reading, searching the internet, looking at magazines, watching TV, trying to find ideas, inspiration, that 'something' to get me started on the next project (not that I have finished any of the last dozen or so. . .).

This evening it finally hit me. I need to stop looking at what others are doing for a moment, and think about who I am, where I come from, and what my art should be. Don't get me wrong, everything I have seen out here is amazing! All of these incredibly intelligent creative women who seem to be able to continually produce wonderful works of art, either in artwork, cooking and baking, or entertaining and hospitality are fun to follow in blogland.

I just need to follow myself for a bit.

I have been overwhelmed and I need to simplify. Perhaps to listen to that still, small voice that tells me who I am created to be and what I am to create. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Any thoughts you would like to share?