Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Identity


There are days when I am not sure who I am. . .



Mother



Wife



Daughter



Sister



Friend



Artist



Gardener



Dishwasher



The list could go on and on. . .



My creative side tells me I should be looking for art, for beauty. . .

or making something to exhibit my style, my desires, my ideas. . .



My mothering side tells me I should be helping the girls have fun, taking them to the library, making sure they are getting outside enough, and eating all healthy snacks, and not watching too much TV. . .



Then the garden needs weeding and mulching. . .



The dishes are piling up, and the sink is getting full. . .



I need to encourage my husband to pursue his latest aspiration, discussing his options, making sure he has my support for the correct things. . .



I need to call Mom, making sure she and Dad are okay, and calling just to chat about ideas, and what they have been up to. . .



I should be making more effort to reach out to my sisters and brother, trying to get in touch, and stay connected with their lives. . .



What are my friends up to today? Do they need encouragement? Do they need help with anything?



With all of these "to-dos" I feel done in. I am trying to keep my head up, and trying to accomplish the things I think I am supposed to. I know relationships are important, and they should be my priority, but sometimes I need time to be myself, and be by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Any thoughts you would like to share?